Kentucky Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program
The Kentucky Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program offers a 30 percent credit for qualified rehabilitation expenses as a state tax credit for owner-occupied residential properties.
Annual cap: $5 million.
Project cap: $400,000.
- A minimum investment of $20,000 is required, with the total credit not to exceed $60,000.
- 20% of QREs available for all other properties, requiring a minimum investment of $20,000 or the adjusted basis, whichever is greater.
- Total credit for a project must not exceed $400,000.
- Set-aside before Dec. 31 for a major HTC that meets certain requirements for the Seelbach Hotel.
- Refundable, transferrable HTCs can be claimed on the first $30 million of qualified rehabilitation expenditures on the project.
- Apply for state credits and federal credits separately.
New Orleans, LA
201 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70170